Unispace | San francisco, california | 1.17-current
duties and experiences:
- Assisting in running small projects
- Experimenting with emerging technologies and working them in to our in-house process
- Providing technical insight into corporate interior projects.
- Participating in live-costing exercises
- Leading construction administration on a legal office
- Time managing myself to be able to operate independently on several projects while concurrently reporting to larger project teams.
- Writing job descriptions for desired new hires.
- Carrying projects through permit processes in multiple jurisdictions
- Creating workplace strategy presentations and hosting focus groups for a large tech company.
Once I was done hiking the Pacific Crest Trail, I returned to San Francisco to pick-up where I left off in the Design Industry. I figured that using the break as a chance to explore other methods of working made decent sense and I joined up with Unispace, a design-build contractor based out of Sydney, Australia. We work as a small growing team from throught a full-methodology process. We start at the workplace strategy that a company wants to employ, and carry the strategy through design, and implementation. Working closely with in-house construction experts, we are able to inform our design and strategy from a constructability and cost perspective very early in the process.
- Arent Fox, LLP
- Color Genomics
- Large Social Media Company
- Boston Scientific
- S.F. Estuary
- Cloud Passage
M MOSER ASSOCIATES | SAN FRANCISCO, CAlifornia | 12.13 - 5.16
DUTIES AND EXPERIENCES:
- Assisted in foundation of the SF office
- Assisted in BIM rollout + Education to the staff
- Assisted on large commercial projects from bid to completion
- Attended client meetings + gave design presentations
- Saw the office grow from 5 to 40+ individuals
- Initialized an internship program in San Francisco
- Founding member of the culture committee
- Organized and Participated out of office exercises
- Worked closely with a wide array of 3rd party consultants
- Attained LEED GA + CID Accreditations
- Helped manage sustainability requirements on projects
- Learned D+C/IPD project models
After a few months of odd jobs, freelance work, and exploration, I rejoined M Moser Associates to help open their San Francisco office. Being the 5th person in the door proved to be an incredible opportunity for learning, and a great relationship-builder with my colleagues. I was able to interact with many aspects of the projects of the office, and was also able to help grow the business in San Francisco through inclusion on proposals, competitions, and introductory meetings.
- Alexandria Real Estate
- Google REWS
- Hamilton Lane
- Teach for America
- Wilson, Sonsini, Goodrich, and Rosati
M Moser associates | New York, New york | 8.12 - 12.12
duties and experiences:
- Participated in office mentorship programs
- Assisted in BIM education of the office
- Participated in several charitable initiatives
- Hand delivered competition entries
- Designed feature elements for a public lobby
- Coordinated material acquisition for presentations
- Constructed 3d renderings for marketing purposes
M. Moser Associates was my final Co-op through the University of Cincinnati and saw me working alongside a small team of designers in New York City. The company HQ is located in Hong Kong with transnational offices world wide. Therefore, working within the global capacity of the firm was a unique and new experience that broadened my view towards the ideas of transnational cooperation.
- Belgian Mission to the UN
- Hudson Rouge
- Teach for America
- Tough Mudder
Ankrom Moisan Associated Architects | Portland, Oregon | 1.12 - 6.12
duties and experience:
- Created marketing material in conjunction with Graphics team
- Created multiple renderings for potential and current projects
- Assisted with space planning, testfits, and organizational plans
- Assisted with organizing sustainability requirements
AMAA is the second largest firm in Oregon and has two locations. The firm does work in many different sectors touching on Health Care, Senior living, Corporate, and many other specializations The company also houses a Graphic Design Department. Much of the co-op was spent operating between the Graphics Workshop and the Interior Design Department.
- Daimler Trucks of North America
- Holiday Inn
- Stephens Place
- US Bank
Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP | Chicago, Illinois | 1.11 - 6.11
SOM's Chicago headquarters exposed me to different methods in which an office can operate. In addition to introductions to multiple computer programs, the office there also gave me a chance to work with my hands building models. I was also able to interface with multiple project teams comprised of Architects, Engineers, and Interior Designers.
Fee, Munson & Ebert | San Francisco, California | 6.10 - 9.10
Fee, Munson, and Ebert served as my first foray into the professional sector. FME established a solid base of knowledge and provided a high quality of mentorship. The smaller nature of the firm provided me with the ability to interface with the leadership of the firm as well as finding inclusion on many different projects.